ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teach in Costa Rica
Skills for Life is currently offering TEFL/ ESL Certified English Teachers fully-funded volunteer positions in the various provinces throughout Costa Rica! The Costa Rican Government´s Department of Labor sponsor young adults to receive English classes in their local community and have the chance to better their current life situations.
In order to receive classes, students must qualify for government assistance based on their current income and employment status; the students must be able to dedicate 40 hours per week for English classes. The goal of the program is to help these students gain employment at local businesses where a basic to intermediate level of English is required.
Volunteers will be asked to dedicate 40 hours per week to English lessons with two groups of students. The placement gives volunteers an opportunity to explore Costa Rica and immerse themselves in their local community and culture.
4 Month Commitment
Program Dates: see below
• University Degree, preferably in Education or ESL/TESOL
• TEFL, CELTA degree or equivalent
• Teaching experience
• Have experience volunteering in their local community or abroad
• A clean and current criminal background check
• A Basic level of Spanish (more preferred)
• 21 years of age
• Native English Speaker
• The desire to immerse themselves in Costa Rican culture for at least 4 months
• The desire to strongly impact the lives of young, at risk Costa Rican young adults
• Patience, strong organizational skills and be very adaptable
• Technology savvy (have own laptop)
Volunteer Benefits: In exchange for your commitment of 40 hours per week to your students, volunteers will receive:
• Housing with a local Costa Rican host family in a private room
• Three meals per day
• Access to laundry service
• 24/7 support from the local coordinator and Program Coordinator
• All teaching materials and a course syllabus for easy planning
• Volunteer Visa (upon turning in necessary documents)
• Easter Vacation
• $500 Cash Bonus upon successful completion of program
Program Start Dates:
March 3rd, 2019
March 24th, 2019
May 19th, 2019
June 16th, 2019
July 7th, 2019
September 1st, 2019
For more information and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our recent publications: