ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Camp Counselors at American Village in France
Work in France this Spring!
Immediate hire for the following start dates at American Village Camps:
-March 14, 2019
-March 21, 2019
-March 28, 2019
(2-8 week contracts available)
Salary: 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer.
Location: One of our language villages in France. Exact location announced after hire.
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are native English speakers & love working with children. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France.
- Are you a team player, organized, and able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids)?
- Are you kind, caring and friendly: a people-person?
- Are you capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games?
- Are you excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers?
- Are you creative and excited about brainstorming as a team?
- Are you receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in and outside of the classroom?
We only seek Language Counselors who are native English speakers.
- Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
- Clear criminal history
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
- High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
- First-hand knowledge of North American culture
- Must be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist (for example: US or Canadians are allowed this with a valid passport.)
How to Apply
The application process and application tips are outlined on the American Village recruitment website. A professional reference is required. We advise you to read through the entire recruitment website before completing the online application.
Access the online application: https://www.job-americanvillage.com/en/application-process
France is the number one tourist destination in the world. While our counselors live and work on-location (at camp), they generally use their time before or after their employment to discover France - its traditions, cuisine, landscapes, language and people. Our teams can be quite multi-cultural and friendships are easily made in a camp setting. Working with children is a rewarding experience and also, a lot of fun!
Working at American Village Camps is a good first ESL job.
It gives you experience
- Implementing lesson plans (2 hrs of ESL class, daily)
- Using ESL games
- Working with beginners
- Practicing TPR
- Perfecting your communication skills
- Meeting other ESL teachers
- Getting international work experience
All the while having fun with games and activities in English.
For more seasoned ESL teachers, it is a good fit if you are ready to get out of the classroom and onto the playing field! This is a language camp counselor job, there are no ESL office hours, if the kids have questions, they will ask you while playing with you in activities!
Youtube link : https://youtu.be/v7nxSc1mB08