ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Secondary Teachers for August 2019/20 Academic Year
Economics and Business Studies Teacher
Physics and Mathematics Teacher
Global Perspective Teacher
ESL Teacher(Possibly for a May 2019 start)
Job Descriptions For August 2019
Satit Prasarnmit International is a small, yet growing part of the Educational Department of SWU University offering a British International Curriculum from year 7 – 13. A unique opportunity to join a dynamic and hard working teaching teach which inspires every student's individuality and potential, both academically and socially while keeping them afoot in their own cultural traditions.
Satit Pasarnmit International - Bangkok
Satit Prasarnmit International Programme started in June 2010 as a new educational development within the long-established and highly respected Srinakharinwirot University Prasarnmit Demonstration School, situated on Soi 23 Sukhumvit Bangkok. The school follows the British National Curriculum with students preparing for both Cambridge Check Point Examinations in year 9 and the GCSE and iGCSE examinations in year 11. A full A Level Programme offering 16 optional subjects as well as IELTS examinations prepares students not only for national but also international universities as well.
The school occupies 7 floors on the Prasarnmit Demonstration School Campus which encompasses a newly built swimming pool, indoor sports center, auditorium, 6th form center and 4 floors of classroom allowing us to offer the best in quality education. An accredited examination hall allows us to offer all external examinations endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations and Pearson Edexcel.
From a sporting perspective, SPIP’s in part of the Greater Bangkok Athletics Community ad not only participates but also hosts many sporting events throughout the year. We also annually take part in academic and cultural competitions both locally and internationally.
The school is wishing to recruit experienced, well qualified and inspirational subject teachers to teach in the Secondary and Senior Schools – Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4/5 and 6th Form.
Personal Qualities of Prospective Teachers:
• Enthusiastic and passionate about education and a sound understanding of ‘best practice teaching’
• Flexible and adaptable to meet the varied needs of individual students and learning styles.
• Proactive in all aspects of School life.
• Able to not only work independently, but also as part of a functional collaborative teaching team.
• Creative and innovative across and beyond the curriculum so ensure all students successes.
• Have good organizational skills and be able to work under pressure.
• Reliable and respectful not only to colleagues, but also to fellow staff and parents.
• Able and willing to positively participate in a proactive way towards professional developed, indication and the school performance management appraisal processes.
• Also present a professional image in line with the high teacher expectations standards of the school
• Be a talented and confident communicator, both orally and verbally to ensure effective communication with all stakeholders.
• Be willing to engage with the schools data management system as well as other online support systems utilized by the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To act in conduct as an ambassador not only for the school, but also for the University at all times.
• To teach and carry out other professional duties as required by the SLT and actively supporting the co-curricular programme.
Teaching and Learning:
• To encourage all students reach their academic potential through enthusiastic and personalized teaching, tailored challenges, rigorous assessment and assessment keeping as well as constant follow up.
• To be aware of, and comply with the School discipline and academic policies with regards to effective rewards and sanctioning, teaching and learning, assessment and marking and reporting.
• To update yourself with, develop and maintain effective shared schemes of work and resources.
• To attend all meetings and INSET as required
• To prepare, invigilate and assess, as required all internal and external tests and examinations. This will include all pre-tests and admission testing dates when required.
• To plan, participate and attend the annual residential academic camps for year 7 – 12.
• To work with the Head of Discipline, Head of Pastoral and Key Stage Coordinators in each specific year group.
• To show an active interest in each child’s personal circumstances and to foster the personal and social development of each child not only as an academic teachers, but also as a pastoral homeroom teacher in conjunction with the school guidance teacher.
• To actively promote the social, moral and cultural ethos of the School community.
• To create an atmosphere of support by being fully aware of, and fully compliant with, all the School’s policies include the student code of conduct and various other pastoral policies therewith.
• To be aware of and actively ensure the Health and Safety of all student in the School.
• To promote exemplary behavior and a responsible attitude amongst the student to ensure a co-habitual atmosphere in the School.
• To promote pride in the School and amongst the pupil body through high standards of dress, behavior and commitment.
• To attend parent meetings, assemblies and all other school events throughout the term or as when assigned to by the School.
• Actively contribute and access the School database system to ensure effective homework communications and record keeping.
• To contribute to the School Performance Management Policy.
• A good internationally recognized degree from a native speaking country.
• A certified teaching qualification to ensure Thailand Teachers Council status application
• A distinguished teaching record in your subject.
• Evidence of professional development either within your subject or within teaching.
• Working experience and knowledge of the examination boards of CIE & Edexcel
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum, GCSE/iGCSE and A Level programmes
• At least two years’ teaching experience.
• A competitive salary ranging from B70 000 – B80 000.
• B20 000 tax free housing subsidy.
• Medical insurance for the post holder only.
• Other paid duties as and when required (this will include extra classes)
• Free use of school facilities including the fitness room
• Free school lunches
• Ongoing CPD
To apply, please send the following to Grant Larter, Head of SPIP Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org as well as email@example.com
1. An application letter, of no more than two pages outlining your strengths and stating why you wish to be considered for the role. Applicants should state their curriculum strengths and extra-curricular activities.
2. Your CV, including a recent photo, contract details of three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent Head of School.
3. Closing date:
4. For further information about the school, please see www.spip.in.th
5. Closing date is 19 April 2019
The School reserves the right to not appoint any candidate at this time, or to appoint a candidate prior to the closing date and so early application are advantageous.
Satit Prasarmit International is committed at safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment. Should your application be successful, a disclosure in the form of a police check either from your resident country or your host country before your appointment will be made. This should not be dated longer than one year before the application.