ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Native English Language Instructors Needed in Gwangju, Korea
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
English Instructor at Language Education Center Job Announcement
The Language Education Center at GIST has the following employment opportunity for qualified applicants.
¡á Employment Description and Applicant Qualifications
◦ Type of Employment: English Instructor
◦ Openings: 1 Person
◦ Job Description: Teaching English courses(writing and presentation for science students)
◦ Eligibility: ¨ç Native speaker of English
¨è A Master's degree (Online degrees are not accepted)
- preferably in TESOL or related field
¡á Hiring Process
◦ Step 1: Document Screening
- Select up to 10 times the number of available positions
- Evaluation: Education (60%), Teaching Experiences (30%), and Other Experience and Activities (10%)
◦ Step 2: Personal Interview
- Select up to 5 times the number of available positions
- Evaluation: Class Preparations (30%), Demo Lesson (30%), and Interview (40%)
¡Ø Applicants will only be offered an interview if they successfully pass the initial document screening process.
¡á Timeframe and Schedule
◦ Job Announcement: 2019.4.9(Tue) ~ 2019.5.6.(Mon)
◦ Submission Deadline: by 2019.5.6.(Mon) 23:59 PM(KST)
◦ Submit through Language Education Center homepage(https://language.gist.ac.kr/)
¡Ø If requested documents are incomplete or are submitted by email, the applicant will automatically be disqualified without notice.
¡Ø Only successful applicants who have passed the document screening process will be notified via email regarding their personal interview schedule.
¡á Required Documents
◦ Documents to Submit
- Required: Cover Letter, Diplomas and Academic Transcripts for Each Degree, Three or more references(with telephone numbers and email addresses included)
- Supplemental: Proof of career, experience, and achievements (if applicable), Certificates (if applicable)
◦ Find Job openings at https://language.gist.ac.kr/
◦ Successful applicants must submit original documents.
◦ If the information in the submitted documents is false, the applicant will be automatically disqualified.
¡á Conditions of Employment
◦ Position: English Instructor (Contract Employee)
◦ Period of Employment: September 2nd, 2019 to August 31st, 2020 (renewable upon agreement)
◦ Work Description: Fulfill 24 credit-hour load per academic year – equivalent to teaching 8 regular semester courses
(or an equivalent number of hours as a combination teaching and one-on-one English Clinic sessions)
¡¤ Full-time teaching during the 2 weeks GIST Camp for Incoming Freshmen in February
¡¤ Teaching regular courses in summer/winter (preferably once a year)
¡¤ 1 workshop (of 90 to 120 minutes) per semester on select English related topics/skills
◦ Salary: approximately 43.000,000 KRW (including a severance payment in accordance with Korean laws)
◦ Benefits: on-campus housing available, private office
¡á Contact Person: firstname.lastname@example.org / ¢Ï +82-62-715-3703
2019. 4. 9.
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Office of the President