ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teaching Internship at Colegio Juan Rulfo (Two posts) in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, Mexico
Experience life in another country while you learn transferable skills and get a valuable job experience.
This is a post for native-level students or recent graduates. For senior professors we could offer a full time job and salary depending on credentials and professional experience, if interested please contact us.
Teach English in Mexico on a one-year internship working as a language teacher in a prestigious primary school. The theoretical foundation of our teaching includes Constructivism, Neurolinguistics and Critical pedagogy and we aim to update our methods according to the latest research in education. In order to improve learning, we also develop projects in areas such as SEL, the use of technology and physical & mental health, as well as those to promote Mexican culture and arts, community involvement and environmental protection. As an English Teacher, you will:
- strengthen your CV develop your professional confidence
- improve your fluency in Spanish (and your French if you are up to!)
- gain skills in communication, presentation, time management, organisation, teamwork, working independently, creative thinking and problem-solving
- immerse yourself in another culture and increase your cultural awareness
Teaching time is limited to 20 hours a week, giving you plenty of time to experience the country and pursue other interests. From beaches to ancient ruins and colonial-era towns, Mexico is a beautiful country with warm and welcoming people and exciting cultural traditions. To be a language teacher intern at our school, you must:
- be a native-level English speaker
- be a university student or recent graduate at the start of your post
- have passed at least two years of university-level education by the time you start your internship. For instance, for British nationals, an undergraduate Initial Teacher Education or Training (ITET) programme, such as a Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree are preferred. Alternatively, you could do a degree – this could be in a subject you wish to specialise in like maths, science, or English – then be enrolled in a postgraduate teacher training programme, such as a PGCE or PGDE. Studies to teach English as a foreign language will also be considered.
- be available for the full academic year from mid-August 2019 to late July 2020
We offer accommodation and breakfast during the duration of your post which is equivalent to a monthly allowance of MXN $5,000. You will need either an additional monthly allowance of GBR £100 (USD $130) for food and other basic living expenses or we can offer you paid teaching hours in our language school. We also offer you Spanish lessons for free.