ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
STEM Position Open in Guatemala
We are looking for a
Middle School STEM Teacher
Colegio Decroly Americano requires that all applicants possess strong English speaking skills with good composition and grammar skills, great level of experience, developed emotional intelligence, and who will be positive role models to our community of learners. Preference will be given to candidates from the US and Canada.
• College degree and teaching credentials
• Three years prior successful teaching experience
• A clear Background check from your point of origin
*Start date is August 1, 2019
COLEGIO DECROLY AMERICANO
Colegio Decroly Americano is a private, coeducational, bilingual (English-Spanish), and a non-sectarian school, founded by Fomento Educativo in 1993. The school was established with the purpose of offering an education based on excellence. We are internationally accredited by NEASC.
The curriculum is articulated from Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade modeled after US private schools. It is focused on a standard based education that fosters: Intellectual, emotional and physical skills, positive social interaction, creative and critical thinking, and aesthetic appreciation.
• An emphasis on teaching the English language with 80% of the overall school curriculum taught in English
• On-going professional development programs
• Academic guidance and counseling program
• Systematic and continuous evaluation criteria, to ensure students’ academic and personal achievement
• Programs to assist the individual needs of students
The school campus includes ample green areas, playgrounds, gardens and lots of trees, soccer fields and gymnasium, multipurpose room, computer and science laboratories, a cafeteria, a clinic, and a resource center/library.
Monday through Thursday from 6:55 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and on Friday classes are held from 6:55 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Fridays´ afternoons are used for Professional Development (Teachers leave at 3:00 p.m. on Fridays). Co-curricular activities are held Monday-Thursday 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Students are offered a variety of programs specially designed for each grade level from Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade. The school campus is fully Wi-Fi; all the students have the opportunity to make use of the Internet as well as other multimedia resources.
BENEFITS OFFERED TO INTERNATIONAL TEACHERS
CDA requires two years commitment in order to offer a contract
• Monthly stipend paid in local currency
• Up to $750 US dollars for airfare
• Housing allowance Q3,000.00
• Local medical insurance (if eligible)
• Visa (Permanent residency)
• Work permit
• Transportation to/from school in school buses
• After-school clubs/tutorials for an additional stipend
The monthly stipend is paid in local currency and it goes from US$1,150.00 to US$1,350.00 (The school opens a bank account and debit card with a local bank). The cost of living in Guatemala is less expensive than in the US or even other South American countries.
Please send your CV, letter of interest and a copy of your University Diploma to email@example.com.