ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Fall Placements for Teachers in Hungary
The Central European Teaching Program has several remaining conversational English positions for September. All are in certified public or parochial schools—the majority elementary but with a couple of high schools and one preschool/kindergarten.
Our schools are located throughout Hungary in cities, towns and villages. Many people want Budapest, but living in these smaller places provides an authentic, traditional Hungarian experience and since Hungary is the size of Indiana, you can visit Budapest and elsewhere on weekends and holidays.
A bachelor’s degree plus TEFL certification is required (a basic online course is sufficient) but a degree in education and/or state certification are truly valued. Please note that we require a PROGRAM fee as we receive no money from Hungary or its schools to pay for the extensive services we provide our teachers.
Bilingual High Schools:
1. An excellent school in the western Hungarian city of Szekesfehervar.
2. A nice small school in the friendly small city of Kisujszallas in eastern Hungary. The staff will treat their new teacher like a prized jewel.
3. Another lovely small school in the eastern community of Mezokovacshaza. Our current teacher at this school has loved her 2-year stay.
Bilingual Elementary Schools:
4. 2 openings for a couple or friends in one of Budapest's top elementary schools. The apartment is for both teachers to share.
5. A sweet Lutheran school in the pretty town of Szarvas with a large arboretum and lake in north central Hungary. The school staff is very eager to welcome their first CETP teacher.
6. 2 openings at a Protestant school in the SE town of Oroshaza, each with its own apartment. Our last teachers both stayed for 5 years.
7. A school in the friendly NE town of Tiszavasvari, and convenient to the large university cities of Nyiregyhaza and Debrecen.
8. An excellent Protestant school in the beautiful southern city of Kecskemet with easy access into Budapest.
9. A school in western Hungary on the shore of Lake Balaton, one of Europe's top recreation destinations.
10. A nice little preschool/kindergarten in the village of Mosonmagyarovar in NW Hungary close to the wonderful city of Gyor and with easy access to both Vienna and Budapest.
CETP is the oldest and most significant organization placing ESL teachers in Hungary. Currently we serve 100 schools, all under the guidance of the Hungarian education ministry. Parochial schools do not ask our teachers to attend services or partake in any religious activities.
Our first-year PROGRAM fee is $2500 for Budapest schools and all high schools. For all non-city elementary schools the fee is $1900. The fee for preschool/kindergartens and split positions between two non-city elementary schools is $1500. For additional years, the fee remains $750. I assure you this is NOT a placement fee. We are a full-service organization providing: all EU residence and work documentation to teach in Hungary, airport welcome, orientation in Budapest, transportation to your new community, free private furnished apartment with utilities paid, medical insurance, Hungarian teachers’ salary, in-country director available 24/7, Facebook page for travel and teaching tips, plus personal, attentive service throughout. Please Google CETP to read what people have to say about us.
Please note: Due to Hungarian regulations, our teachers must be NATIVE-speakers of English and citizens of the US, Canada, or the EU plus hold a Bachelor’s degree. Please send brief letter of introduction and resume/CV to Mary Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also read more about CETP on our website at www.cetp.info.