Academic Manager – Da Nang
The Academic Manager will manage ILA’s training centre in Da Nang. The centre is located on the 2nd floor of a modern office building, and is fully equipped with 14 classrooms, a computer lab for students and resource and support centre for teachers. The centre offers programmes for young learners, adults and corporate clients as well as some exams classes.
The Academic Manager is responsible for the day to day management and development of teachers on all teaching programmes, and will include some teaching also. The main focus is teacher management and quality control. Support and training is provided by the Country Academic Manager in Ho Chi Minh City.
The teaching load of the AM is expected to be about half a full teaching schedule, i.e. approx. 10-12 hours per week, as well as level testing.
Position start date: Early-March, 2012
• Teacher scheduling
• Induction of new teachers
• Teacher observations / appraisals / quality control
• Teacher development / support
• Testing and assessment
• Placement testing
• Teaching and substitute teaching
• Other academic and administrative duties as requested
• DELTA / Masters in TESOL or equivalent – (part completion may be considered)
• 3 years’ teaching experience (including experience with young learners)
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• A great deal of energy and enthusiasm
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experience working within reputable language teaching organizations
• Experience as an Academic Manager / Director of Studies is desirable but not essential as training and support will be provided.
Remuneration and Benefits:
ILA Vietnam offers a highly competitive financial and benefits package which is based on qualifications and experience as well as the responsibility of the position.
There are 3 salary scales, ranging from $39,600 to $48,000 usd gross per annum.
Highlights of the Financial Package:
• Visa and work permits organised and paid for by ILA
• Relocation allowance
• Health Insurance
• One month’s paid annual leave per annum
• Contract completion payment
• Contract re-signing allowance
• World-class facilities and teaching resources
• Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
• Career pathway
• Opportunities to get involved in ILA's charitable network
• Option to transfer between our training centres and to progress into senior positions
• Initial accommodation and airport pickup provided free of charge upon arrival
• Free Vietnamese language lessons
• Great social network including quarterly and annual social events, paid by the school
Initial training and on-going support will provided by the Country Academic Manager in HCMC.
Please forward the following to: email@example.com
• Full CV, dated and with references
• Copy of passport page with details and photograph
• Cover letter explaining how his/her qualifications and experience relate to the above
• Criteria and reasons for applying for the position
For further information about ILA Vietnam, available positions, or volunteer opportunities, visit our website at http://www.discovereltvietnam.com/
To Edit or Delete this posting: