ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English Teachers (Volunteers) in La Antigua, Guatemala
Niños de Guatemala (NDG) is a non-profit organization working towards educating underprivileged children and promoting access to education for everyone. We believe the best way to create opportunity for Guatemalans is to give them access to education, along with working with the local community in order to develop it as a whole.
In order to achieve these goals we have 4 different units in Guatemala: 1) The Fundraising and Development Department, in charge of raising funds to support all the other units, 2) The Administrative Office of the NGO, in charge of finances and HR 3) The school Nuestro Futuro (NF) and the Community Center in Ciudad Vieja, providing education and opportunities to children, their families and the whole community. 4) The school “El Porvenir” (EP), our second school in San Lorenzo el Cubo, currently under construction and scheduled to open in January 2012.
The English Program was initially implemented in our summer school in november 2011 and will begin a full curriculum in february 2012 for ages 4 -10. in guatemala, english language development provides students with valuable skills that greatly broaden their academic and employment opportunties. nuestro futuro is a thriving intercultural environment where learning english will strenghten the community between teachers, volunteers, and students.
the english teachers will be in charge of organizing and teaching 4 to 6 english lessons per week, each of them 30 minutes long. they will also be in charge of planning lessons based on the english curriculum’s themes and units.
English Teachers will encourage children to learn using a variety of techniques, including games, music, and dramatic play.
the english teacher will be asked to write reports on the progress of each class and recommendations for improvement.
They will work along with each grade teacher and with volunteers from other programs in order to integrate English within the educational framework of the school.
- Plan, organize and deliver 4-6 weekly lessons (30 minutes each).
- Write reports and evaluate the program success.
- Collaborate with teachers and other volunteers.
- Bring new ideas and suggestions to improve the English Program and assure its success.
- Availability for at least 3 months (longer stays are preferred)
- Native (or very fluent) in English.
- Basic knowledge of Spanish
- Some experience as an ESL teacher is strongly preferred (but not mandatory)
- Interest in working with underprivileged children
- Responsible and proactive
- Excellent communication skills
- Some experience in lesson planning, workshops, summer camp, and/or teaching is preferred.
What we offer
- One Week long training with the English Program Coordinator where s/he will provide training in classroom management techniques, lesson planning, different learning processes, etc.
- An excellent opportunity to RECEIVE experience as a teacher.
- The opportunity to help an organization dedicated to empower underprivileged children through education and see how we work.
- Support and assessment from all our highly qualified international and local staff.
- Recommendation letters.
How to apply
i. Motivation Letter
ii. Currículum Vitae