ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Lavender Meadows is a Singapore-based education academy specializing in providing high quality education services for all children from a wide variety of ages. We believe that the purpose of education is to prepare children for the enjoyable and exciting journey of life-long learning. At Lavender Meadows, we believe in every child, in their uniqueness as well as in their gifts and talents. We have more than 7 years of operational experience in Southeast Asia. Our curriculum is based on the International Baccalaureate curriculum and our teaching methodology is based on Cambridge standards. Lavender Meadows is a Partner Operator of the Early Childhood Development Agency of Singapore.
As the Principal of our first pre-school centre in Malaysia, you will be responsible for developing the strategic plans and structures to foster a culture of care and trust, mentoring, collaborative professionalism, and continuous learning within the pre-school. As a mentor to pre-school Teachers, the Principal is expected to inspire a vision of learning and curriculum, and to guide them in designing and implementing a holistic curriculum. You will develop frameworks for sustained collaborative partnerships with relevant stakeholders. The Principal is responsible for managing centre operations and adhering to industry regulations. You will also take the lead in establishing and sustaining the centre’s mission, vision and values, and oversees the well-being of staff. The centre will be located in central Kuala Lumpur.
- Lead Teachers in aligning teaching and learning approaches
- Lead staff to achieve center’s strategic goals
- Design a robust evaluation process to review teaching and learning approaches
- To keep, check, record as well as update all necessary documentation for licensing requirements
- Envision and execute procedures for illnesses, accidents and emergencies as well as to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of centre-specific health, safety, nutritional and hygiene standards and procedures
- Facilitate communication between staff and families and provide platforms for staff and families to build trusting relationships and exchange information between staff and families
- Provide guidance and resources to support colleagues in planning and implementing professional development plans by conducting learning needs analysis and learning roadmap for staff
- Manage team dynamics and differing opinions using conflict management techniques
- Review and evaluate systems and processes and develop and establish solutions to bridge gaps
- Determine and allocate resources such as manpower needs, physical space and facilities, as well as budget to ensure successful implementation of overall business strategy
- Initiate internal communication channels to promote open communication with staff, both individually as well as corporately, and to drive initiatives for the promotion of the welfare, well-being and morale of staff members
Qualification and Skills
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Fluent in English on a business level, additional languages will be an advantage
- At least 5 years working experience in running an international childcare centre
- Leadership qualities and management skills
- Passionate about pre-school education and able to positively engage stakeholders in the holistic development of the child
- Knowledge of International Baccalaureate will be an advantage
- Independent and self-drive team player with ability to multi-task
Interested applicants are invited to email detailed resume indicating current and expected salaries to email@example.com